What personal information do we collect from people who place an order on our website?
When ordering on our website, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you complete your purchase and help us fulfill your order.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Arborwear with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Subscribe to our emails.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on our website.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- Process your order and manage your account.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or (with your permission) information about other Arborwear products, services, special events, and promotions.
- To show public product reviews, and Pants In Action stories.
How do we store your data?
Arborwear securely stores your data at an Amazon Web Services data center located in Ohio, US. Access to this database is restricted to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and is behind a secure network firewall.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit as safe as possible. We use regular malware scanning. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information. All credit card transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
– Arborwear uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in, your cart information, and
– Arborwear uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
What are your data protection rights?
Arborwear would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access Arborwear for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification
– You have the right to request that Arborwear correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Arborwear to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure
– You have the right to request that Arborwear erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing
– You have the right to request that Arborwear restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing
– You have the right to object to Arborwear’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability
– You have the right to request that Arborwear transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at
16490 Chilicothe Road
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
Phone: 440-543-3300 or 888-578-TREE (8733)
Privacy policies of other websites
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your PII to outside parties.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We have implemented Google Analytics.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions as they relate to our website.
You can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information by:
- emailing us
- calling us
- logging in to your account
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, COPPA puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices (FIP) Principles
The FIP Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States. The concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding FIP and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
To be in line with FIP we will take the following responsive action should a data breach occur: we will notify you via email within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CANSPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
Transparency in Coverage Information
Medical Mutual of Ohio: https://www.medmutual.com/For-Employers/Employer-Resources/No-Surprises-Act-Legislation.aspx
We collect your email address to:
- send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email. We will promptly remove you from all email marketing.
16490 Chillicothe Road
Chagrin Falls, OH 44023
Phone: 440-543-3300 or 888-578-TREE (8733)
[Last Edited on 12-06-2020]