The Arborwear Internship Program
If you have the opportunity to do amazing things in your life, bring someone with you. - Simon Sinek
Arborwear is the green industry’s most trusted source for branded workwear. Our honest, hardworking clothing is trusted by down-to-earth pros in the trees and in the trades. This high-quality, rugged, yet comfortable apparel is worn by men and women in construction, conservation and every green industry in between. Our team is famous for its honest, hardworking nature and it’s family-like feel. If you align with our Vision + Mission + Values, have a positive attitude and work well with a team, we’d love to have you join ours.
- Commit to a 15 week internship and work at least 20 hours per week, paid $10.50/hour.
- Work in person and/or remotely with Basecamp, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, email, and other connectivity tools
- Train specific to role or collaborators.
- Keep Arborwear’s vision to be the green industry’s most trusted source of branded workwear, company mission, and Hi-Five values at the core of your work.
- Fulfill priorities per internship role and responsibilities descriptions
- Prove ability to meet and exceed expectations, develop personal and team goals and impact
- Attend weekly company-wide meetings, department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and internship group meetings whether in person or video conference
- Check in as necessary with internship manager and department leader
- Submit all work in full and on deadline as a trusted, professional Arborwear teammate
- Submit an internship review survey at the end of the program
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field of study
- Proven ability to manage time, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment with high-volume workload
- Ability to approach problems systematically, researching all alternatives and making appropriate recommendations.
- Familiarity with Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides) or Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL EXPECTATIONS
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Reliable, professional communication
- Conscientious team attitude
- Demonstrable work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solutions-oriented thinking
- Organization, self-starting
- Positive sense of humor
Product Development Intern
Summary & Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
This internship opportunity will provide a comprehensive experience with exposure to all our day-to-day development processes, working closely with our Designer/Developers and gain on the job training and mentorship. The program will encourage the intern to think both strategically and creatively, while focusing in on the process that enable Arborwear to deliver honest, hardworking clothing to our customers.
- Attend various meetings to understand the full product development lifecycle – from design & development to production.
- Assist with our PLM software and Tech packs, including creating & editing technical sketches
- Actively participate in product reviews and technical fittings
- Internal Prototyping
- Support and prep for digital presentations
- Participate in day-to-day projects as needed
- Assist with seasonal development binders and organize sample materials and trials
- Update Development Materials Library
- Assist with Sourcing materials as needed
- Currently enrolled student in Design or Technical Design.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Students on a Design, Development or Technical track only
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Team Player: Ability to work and coordinate with team members & company with positive attitude
- Strong understanding of apparel design
- Strong working knowledge of garment construction
- Portfolio with flat technical and/or croquis sketches
- Must be able to work required hours each week of the Semester
- Ability to learn quickly, multitask and work in a team environment
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Microsoft office; Photoshop a plus
- Self-initiator with good follow through and sense of urgency